Craft and vendor booths will be open for sales on Friday, September 22 from 10:00 am until 7:00 pm; on
Saturday, September 23 from 9:00 am until 8:00 pm; and on Sunday, September 24 from 12:00 pm until
5:00 pm. These booth spaces are approximately 15' x 15' and may be applied for by emailing email@example.com.
Information or demonstration booths are also available. No food or drinks may be sold at the craft, vendor,
or informational booths. This includes canned, homemade, or commercial food or drinks. Concessions will
be available and only those vendors who have contracts with the Apple Festival Committee may sell food
during the festival.
1. Crafters/ vendors will be responsible for their own set-up. (Tents, tables, etc.)
2. All merchandise shall be of a family oriented nature and shall not be offensive to the public or fellow crafters in any way. No items displaying suggestive connotations or profanity may be sold. The Outside Chairman shall have the discretion to determine what is offensive to the public or fellow crafters. Should there be a dispute, the decision of the Festival Committee shall be conclusive, and not subject to any contest. Offensive merchandise shall be removed from the festival grounds immediately.
3. All sales are between crafters/vendors and customers. Crafters/vendors are responsible for taxes due on sales. Tax forms are available from the Virginia Department of Taxation at the time of booth set up.
4. No food or drinks may be sold from these booths. This includes canned, homemade, or commercial foods and drinks.
5. The Chilhowie Apple Festival name or logo shall not be used on any products.
6. The Chilhowie Community Apple Festival Committee reserves the right to limit space to anyone and to remove any applicant who does not abide by the Festival Rules. In any case of removal, there shall be no refunds.
7. Craters/vendors may not sublet their spaces.
8. Crafters and Vendors will be issued parking passes and are to park in the parking area provided for them.
We asked that you be respectful and do not block others in or the entrance/exit to the parking area.
Please note our new rule which became effective in 2022
9. No campers, box trucks, storage trailers, or other vehicles may be in the crafter /vendor area after the
booths are set-up. There is no room for them in the booth area after all of the booths are set-up. Any merchandise trailers will be located on the perimeter of the area. Security is provided nightly so daily set-up
should not be necessary. ( We have had issues with tents and merchandise being damaged and individuals
almost being hit by vehicles in the booth area after all of the booths were set-up. This is why once you are
set-up on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning, your vehicle should not be back in the booth area until
you are taking your booth apart at the end of the festival) Violators of this policy may be asked to leave the
festival grounds and may not be permitted back in future years.
Activities in the booth area will include clogging, musical entertainment, gospel singing, and craft demonstrations.
Food concessions will be open and only those vendors who have contracts with the Apple Festival may sell food and drinks.