Planning for the 2019 Chilhowie Community Apple Festival is underway! The theme for this year's festival will be "Mountain Splendor".
Floats are judged according to adherence to the theme. Categories include: Business, Youth, Civic and Religious. Cash Prizes of $100, $75 and $50 will be awarded.
Berry's Home Center will once again sponsor High School Bands to march in the parade. See the parade page for more details.
The following volunteers will serve on this year's Apple Festival committee:
- Co-Presidents: Becca Wilkinson-Smith, Vicki Wilson
- Co-Vice Presidents: Amanda Hayes, LauraEtta Wilkinson
- Recording Secretary: Janet Clear
- Corresponding Secretary: Sandy Goodman
- Co-Treasurers: Liz Czelusniak, Kathy Wright
- Outside Chair: Rebecca Wilkinson-Smith, Vicki Wilson, Tom Heffinger
- Inside Chair: Amanda Hayes
- Beauty Pageant: Karla Little-Campbell
- Catalog: Donna Blevins
- Registered Agent (for SCC): Laura Etta Wilkinson
- Web Designer: Mary Lynne Martin
This community event which so many citizens enjoy would not be possible without the hard working volunteers who spend a great deal of time and effort to make it happen. So if you enjoy the Apple Festival each year, a simple word of Thanks might be in order!