Planning for the 2021 Chilhowie Community Apple Festival is underway. The Apple Festival Beauty Pageant will not be held this year. There may be other modifications to this year's Apple Festival due to any remaining COVID19 restrictions.
The theme for the 2021 Apple Festival is "Flavors of Fall." The parade is scheduled for Saturday, September 25, at 10:00am.
All area businesses, civic groups, schools and churches are encouraged to enter floats in the parade observing the theme, "Flavors of Fall."
- Floats are judged before the parade at 9am in the lineup on the west end of Chilhowie. Float winners will be announced after the parade and before the crowning of the queen.
- The floats will be judged in four categories:
- First, second and third place ribbons will be awarded in each of the four categories.
- Ribbons will be placed on both sides of the float to be displayed as the floats travel the parade route.
- Monetary prizes will be awarded in each category, with 1st place $100, 2nd place $75, and 3rd place $50.
The following volunteers will serve on this year's Apple Festival committee:
- Co-Presidents: Becca Wilkinson-Smith, Vicki Wilson
- Co-Vice Presidents: Amanda Hayes, LauraEtta Wilkinson
- Recording Secretary: Janet Clear
- Corresponding Secretary: Sandy Goodman
- Co-Treasurers: Liz Czelusniak, Kathy Wright
- Outside Chair: Rebecca Wilkinson-Smith, Vicki Wilson, Tom Heffinger
- Inside Chair: Amanda Hayes
- Beauty Pageant: Karla Little-Campbell
- Catalog: Donna Blevins
- Registered Agent (for SCC): Laura Etta Wilkinson
- Web Designer: Mary Lynne Martin
This community event which so many citizens enjoy would not be possible without the hard working volunteers who spend a great deal of time and effort to make it happen. So if you enjoy the Apple Festival each year, a simple word of Thanks might be in order!